now playing: damien rice - cannonball. :)) yet to understand this song lyrics.
I just read finish "tuesdays with Morrie".
today happens to be a tuesday too. synchronicity. though I've read the book I must admit I havent digested even one-thirds of it. there's alot to learn and and well... life-long learning I guess. Morrie lived his life great and lived it to the fullest. sees his student lose himself in society and be caught up with everything except the things he loves. conformity that is.
author looks back to himself and wants to tell him to be more open, to ignore the lure of advertised values, to pay attention when his loved ones are spoke, as if it were the last time you might hear them. mostly he wanted to tell himself to get on an airplane and visit a gentle old man in west newton, massachusetts, sooner rather than later, before the old man got sick and lost his ability to dance. he knew he couldnt do that. none of us can undo what we've done or relive a life already recorded. but morris schwartz taught him anything at all, it was this: there is no such thing as "too late" in life. he was changing until the day he said... good-bye. final thesis. morrie always gave all of what he had.
it showed me regretting isnt of any use. it wont change anything. have to learn. learn. learn. just plainly learn. make myself a kid, that always ready to learn heart. as I always will be in the eyes of my parents. I still have let love and love. me and nigel finds this hard. we're like pinballs, canonballs. I wouldn't say this is our curse or blessing my friend. reserved, we dont want anyone close, vulnerability, intense concentrations, that's where the deeper level of understanding comes in. I can think that far but it's really what I think and it can happen. abit far sighted by at least I'm not myopic just yet. ahh how do u spell that word!! u just made me understand why I cant do a simple math sum, I can do a really hard one. just an example... sometimes I think so much before I do a simple thing. call or not to call? what the person thinks, how the person would react, why I want to call, the outcome, the possibilities and the concerns, what the person is doing, how the person would feel. just another example. no double meaning for this whole post. everything needs to be simple for now. too much thinking no good, too little thinking no good. one means procrastinating, one means mindless. I turn to u alot because I know u'll understand me and there's no reason for me to keep anything from you. but the dating a philosopher part was really funny! hahahah! me end up dating a philosophy classmate in the years to come! hahaha! but u must understand that it's a great thing to share. evan and janice ticked me off when I kept everything to myself then. feeling like I was or am a burden. I fustrated them. for 2 years I was like that. because the 3 people who were really close to me before i met them told me I was a burden (no better sounding word) hmmm. haha. I've been there and been back and over. :)) never felt better.
thank you mitch albom for writing this book. thank you kenneth for purchasing it for me. :)))))))
green for the freshness.
mirza: happy belated birthday!
ziqing: happy happy birthday! : ) 22 already!! hehe. hugs!! : )
twin: thanks for being there! great girl! :))
girlwithabroken(: : 02:08